When new candidates are added, Comeet automatically checks for duplicates by comparing information from new applications to existing candidates in your Comeet database. Duplicate applications can be resolved automatically or manually according to your preferences, which are defined in the company’s settings.
How Comeet Detects Duplicates
Comeet considers several factors to determine whether a candidate is a duplicate:
- Name – same or similar name, in the same language or another language
- Email address
- Phone number – based on the last 9 digits
- LinkedIn profile
- Resume content – based on text segments from the resume. Different versions of the same resume with only minor modifications will be identified as duplicates
- ID number – applies when this field is used by the company
Candidates with the same name will not be considered as duplicates in these cases:
- Both candidates have an email or phone number and all values are different.
- Both candidates have ID numbers but the the numbers are different.
Configure Automatic Resolution of Duplicate Applications
- Go to Settings > Process > Automation.
- Select when Comeet should auto-resolve duplicate submissions:
- Option 1 - Allow Comeet to auto-resolve duplicate submissions only when applications are submitted for the same position. Define the maximum number of days between submissions that qualifies for auto-resolve. The source that submitted the first application will be attributed to the candidate.
- Option 2 - Allow Comeet to auto-resolve duplicate submissions also when applications are submitted for any position. Define the maximum number of days between submissions that qualifies for auto-resolve. The candidate will remain in the position to which the first application was submitted.
- Option 3 - Disable auto-resolution of duplicate submissions.
We recommend selecting to auto-resolve duplicates when submitted for any position within 90 days. This will prevent seeing the same candidates again too often, while allowing them to be reconsidered after 3 months have passed since their last submission.
- When duplicate submissions are resolved automatically they are documented in the Activity logs on the candidate profiles. Users are not notified of automatic resolutions.
- When a candidate applies again after being rejected because the position was closed, Comeet identifies this situation and gives the candidate an opportunity by creating a new candidate profile.