Recruiting marketing is useful for attracting candidates from various channels, such as social media and programmatic ads. When running recruiting marketing campaigns, you'll want to measure and compare their performance. Comeet allows you to do that by tracking the UTM parameters that you use across your campaigns.
What are UTM parameters?
UTM Parameters are used by marketers to track the effectiveness of online marketing campaigns. Ads on channels such as Facebook and LinkedIn are mapped to UTM parameters that include all the properties of each campaign.
Note: The UTM parameters do not affect source attribution and are not visible in Comeet.
- Careers websites hosted by Comeet - tracking of UTM parameters is supported, no setup required.
- Custom careers website - tracking of UTM parameters is supported by Comeet's Careers API. Verify that the page to which your campaign is redirecting applicants includes the Comeet JS Snippet, and that applicants apply using the Comeet's Application Form Widget.
How to track UTM parameters
- Create your campaign with the UTM parameters as part of the URL. Comeet supports the following parameters: utm_source, utm_medium, utm_campaign, utm_term, and utm_content.
- When applicants reach the careers website through your campaign, Comeet will track the UTM parameters of the campaign. When applicants apply for a position the UTM parameters are saved as part of the candidates' profile.
- Export the Candidates report. Exporting the report can be done manually from Comeet or through a programmatic sync, for more details on how to export the data visit this article. The report includes the details of the UTM parameters as columns in the report. Using this data, you can measure for each campaign: how many candidates applied, how the candidates performed in the hiring process, and how many were hired.