As all plans, hiring plans change sometimes too. When that happens, it is important to manage these changes in your Comeet account to make sure your reports will track your recruiting KPIs accurately.
Set the position on-hold
Change the status of the position from Open to On-hold. This will trigger the following changes:
- Candidates status will be set from In progress to On-hold.
- The position will no longer be published on the careers website and job boards.
- All the “Open” openings for the position will be closed. This will ensure that your reports will correctly show that the recruiting team worked on these openings, even though hires have not been made for them.
Reopen the position
When the time comes to reopen the position, change the status of the position from On-hold to Open. This will trigger the following changes:
- Candidates status will be set back from On-hold to In progress.
- The position will be republished on the careers website and job boards.
- A new opening will be created for the position. If you are looking to hire more than one person create additional openings as needed to reflect the number of hires that you are looking to make.
How will this change be reflected in the reports?
- Time-to-hire KPI – will be the number of days between the day the position was reopened (the Open date of the opening) until the Hire date. This helps the recruiting team capture correctly the time it took from the moment the approval was given for a new hire until the hire was made. Naturally, many of the candidates who were considered for the position prior to setting the position on hold may not be interested anymore, requiring the recruiting team to look for additional candidates. The Time-to-hire metric reflects the time that it took the recruiting team to find additional candidates and make the hire.
- Apply-to-hire KPI – will be the number of days between the Application date of the candidate until the Hire date. This metric is not affected by the change of the position's status. If the hired candidate applied prior to setting the position on-hold, and you wish to count the apply-to-hire only from the the time the position was reopened, you can change the effective application date for reports either when making the hire or from the position's Openings tab.
- Positions overview and Hiring plan reports – the metrics and charts in these reports will reflect the volume of openings the recruiting team worked on over time. This includes both the closed openings (openings without a hire) and the new openings that were created when the position was reopened. Note that the Hiring Plan report is included in the Ultimate and Enterprise plans.