Connect your Single-Sign-On account to Comeet and reap the benefits of easy sign-in, and automatic syncing with your Okta people management setup.
Stay in-sync: Keep Comeet in sync with the company’s Okta.
Import new users with ease: Current users in Okta can easily be added to Comeet.
One click log-in to Comeet for Okta users.
Off-boarding users: Disabling the user’s access to the application through Okta will block them from accessing Comeet
Access to Comeet's Authentication settings menu. The integration can be set up by the following company roles in Comeet: Owner, Admin and IT Admin.
Admin access to Okta.
The "Provisioning" feature should be enabled in Okta.
1. Add Comeet’s application from the applications menu.
2. Navigate to the General tab in Comeet’s application in Okta and copy the value that's registered in the “Embed link” field. Navigate to the Authentication menu in Comeet's system settings and press "Connect" to connect with Okta. Paste the copied value under the “SAML Signing Certificate” field.
3. Navigate to the “Sign On” tab on Okta and press on “Identity Provider metadata”. A new tab should automatically open with the metadata file. Copy the URL of the new tab and paste it back in Comeet under the “Metadata url” field.
4. Copy the "Single sign on URL" and "SP Entity ID" from Comeet, then navigate back to the “Sign On” tab in Okta and paste both values in their respective fields under the "Advanced Sign-On Settings" header.
5. Once steps 2-4 have been completed, navigate back to the Authentication menu in Comeet's system settings and press "Connect" to connect with Okta, click “Connect”.
6. Navigate back to Okta, select the “Provisioning” tab and press on “Configure API Integration.”
7. Enable the API integration, then go back to Comeet and copy the value from the “Okta OAuth Bearer Token” field. Paste this value in Okta under the “API Token” field and test the API credentials. If the test was successful, press “save” and proceed to the next steps. If the test was unsuccessful, make sure the token was properly copied and that previous steps have been completed according to the instructions.
8. Once the API integration has been enabled, navigate to the “Provisioning to App” menu and make sure that the three fields: “Create Users”, “Update User Attributes”, and “Deactivate Users” are enabled.
9. At the same menu, review the “Comeet Attributes Mappings” section and make sure your mappings are configured the same as in the screenshot below.
10. Navigate to the “Assignment” tab and assign the relevant users/groups to Comeet’s application. Please note that you need to enable the API integration (see step 7) before adding users/groups to Comeet’s application or the synchronization might not be successful. In addition, please keep in mind that the synchronization of the users from Okta might take a few minutes.
11. Once all users and/or groups have been synchronized, navigate back to Comeet’s Authentication settings menu and press on “Activate” to activate the integration.
If you have encountered any problems during the setup of the integration or if you have any questions, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to assist you with the configuration and activation of the SSO integration or answer any questions you may have.
Sign up using SSO
Sign up from Comeet’s website – users are redirected to sign in on your company’s SSO. If they are already signed up, they will be re-directed to Comeet.
Sign in through the list of apps in your organization (from OKTA).
Q: What happens when an employee leaves the company?
Once the employee has been de-provisioned in Okta, their access to Comeet will be blocked. On the teammates page, the employee will be marked as “Deactivated by SSO”. To reassign tasks and roles of employees that no longer have access to Comeet, click on “Deactivate” and choose the teammate to whom you would like to assign their current tasks.
Q: How permissions and roles in Comeet are managed?
Okta serves as an access control mechanism. Role permissions are set by the company’s directory services. Teammates’ permissions in Comeet are determined by the company roles and position roles in Comeet.
Have more questions? Contact us at email@example.com