This guide is part of Comeet’s GDPR compliance options. See the overview here.
Comeet allows you to specify the duration of time that you will retain the data of candidates who are protected by the GDPR. Based on the data retention period you define, you can set up the following automation rules:
- Request candidate consent – request consent shortly before the data retention period ends to prolong the data retention period so that you can more easily contact them in the future with relevant opportunities. Learn more
- Automate candidate data removal – when the data retention period ends.
Data retention periods
Initial data retention period
- Starts clocking when a candidate applies or is added to Comeet
- Starts clocking with the last activity that was taken with the candidateincluding any activity logged on the candidate’s profile (excluding requests for consent)if you do not wish to apply this option, select: Not applicable
- Starts clocking when the candidate provides consent to an additional retention period
- If you wish to request consent, you can send requests for candidates individually or in bulk. Alternately, you can have Comeet automatically email a consent request to candidates shortly before the data retention period ends. Learn more
Data retention settings
Choose a duration of time for each of the options. By combining these options, you specify that the data retention period continues as long as at least one clocking option is running.
Candidates status and data retention
- Non-Hired Candidates – With the exception of hired candidates, data retention settings apply to everyone. This allows you, for example, to send a consent request to candidates whose status is set as In-progress or On-hold without any activity for an extended period of time and remove them automatically if they don’t consent to a longer retention period.
- Hired Candidates – You must establish the legal grounds for retaining the data of hired candidates or otherwise manually remove it from Comeet.
Automate data removal
Comeet can automatically remove candidate data when the data retention period ends. Select one of the following options:
- Disabled – This will require you to manually Pseudonymize or delete candidates.
- Pseudonymize automatically – Candidate data will be removed based on your pseudonymization settings. Selecting this option will retain candidate’s activity for reporting purposes and will allow re-identification should the candidate be added again or reapply. Learn more about pseudonymization
- Delete automatically – Candidate data will be completely removed. Candidates activity will not appear in reports and candidates will not be re-identified if they are added again or reapply.
Have more questions? Contact us at email@example.com