Advanced Search is like ground penetrating radar for your candidate database. You can dive to its deepest depths using keywords, subject tags and more than 30 pre-set search filters. While Advanced Search can help you in a variety of areas, it’s particularly helpful for sourcing candidates, managing the hiring team and analyzing recruiting activities. Here are some examples:
- Rediscovering a candidate who wasn’t perhaps ideal last year for a position, yet may be exactly what you’re looking for this year.
- Finding all candidates with upcoming interviews for positions in your New York office.
- Tracking the interview workload of specific hiring team members.
Start your journey by clicking the Advanced button at the top of the page.
The Advanced Search Process
Advanced searching is simple:
- Add the filters you’d like to use or use Contains the words.
- Narrow your search filters. E.g., Time Added: In the last 30 days.
- Add additional filters you’d like to use. Adding filters narrows your search and will reduce the number of results.
- Click Search.
- Save your Searches: You can bookmark your searches to save time in the future when you want to reuse the same parameters. To bookmark a search, click the Plus Sign next to Bookmarks, name the search and click Save.
To increase the relevance of search results, you can use Boolean search to combine keywords with operators (such as AND or OR). In Candidate Background > Resume you can use Boolean Search to find words or phrases that you’re looking for in a candidate’s resume.
In the Resume has the words section:
- AND includes two or more search terms – e.g., Sales AND Lead Qualification. Both key words must be included in a candidate’s resume for them to appear in search results.
- OR broadens your search – e.g., Sales OR Lead Qualification. Only one key word must be included in a candidate’s resume for them to appear in search results.
In the image above, Social Media AND Marketing OR Communications will return candidates that have Social Media and either Marketing or Communications in their resume.
In Advanced Search, all free-text fields allow you to use quotation marks to increase search result relevance. For example, searching for “QA Engineer” with quotation marks will return candidates that match the search terms exactly while searching for QA Engineer without quotation marks will return candidates that have QA and Engineer in their resume regardless of the order that they appear.
Filters: Candidate Background
Candidate background filters allow you to find candidates based on their experience, education and competence.
- Resume – Search candidate’s resumes that contain or do not contain certain words and phrases.
- Experience – Find candidates based on their current or past positions, company or industry.
- Education – Find candidates based on their education level, institution type or name.
- Competence – Find candidates based on the skills or languages listed on their resume.
Filters: Hiring Process
Hiring Process filters will help executives, recruiters, managers and hiring team members narrow their search activities as they learn about candidates and recruiting activity past and present. Multiple filters can be combined to further refine search queries:
- Status – Candidate and position statuses before the position was closed.
- Dates – Dates relevant to the candidate’s hiring process such as Time Added or when completion date of the last step.
- Workflow – Steps or activities based on a position or candidate’s workflow.
- Evaluation – Candidate’s evaluation results and feedback.
- Source – Candidate’s source name or source type.
- Position – Position details such as Position Status or Department. Custom position fields will also appear here.
- Personal Info – Candidate details such as First or Last Name, City or Country.
- GDPR – Data subject to GDPR privacy obligations and data retention end date.
Download Search Results
You can always download you results by clicking the Download icon above your search results then selecting the info that you’d like to export.
That’s Advanced Search for you. If you find other applications or use cases for this very granular search functionality, please let us know. We’d love to tell other customers about your success.
Have more questions? Contact us at email@example.com